Furnishing our living space with wooden furniture has plenty of practical and stylish benefits. Wood is rarely beaten when it comes to all-round strength and appearance. It is a practical choice for both modern and traditional designs. Plus, it can be made into unique designs with the possibility to engrave it, bend it and carve it.
Here are five benefits of wooden furniture:
Wooden furniture has the ability to offer long-term durability and is made from hardwood or softwood. The hardwood is the most expensive and includes mahogany, rosewood, teak, cherry and oak. This type of wood has a rich, dark finish and has the potential to last for generations. Softwoods can include cedar and pine which are more susceptible to marking and scratches. But, this can add an extra layer of character to the furniture. The softwood is lighter in color, but is likely to take on a darker shade if left exposed to sunlight.
There are certain woods like mahogany that are being over harvested, which can have long-term consequences. For this reason, it makes sense to buy the item of furniture that relies on the sustainable wood. This is certain to appeal to those homeowners that are looking for an ecologically safe way to furnish the living room or dining room.
Easy to maintain
Wood is a material that is relatively easy to care for. A regular dusting session will keep the item of furniture clean. A natural wax polish is a practical choice to maintain the items with a polished finish. Any non-treated or treated furniture should not be cleaned with water. Wood is very absorbent and letting the furniture get wet often can cause long-term damage.
Wood is a higher versatile material and easily complements the rustic, modern or traditional home. Adding a few items of furniture in cherry wood to the dining room is a great way to create the traditional look, while pine is useful for the rustic inspired theme, and ash is favored for the modern kitchen. Also, it is possible to mix and match a few styles of wood to create a really eclectic room.
Great for outdoors
Wood with its natural strength and beauty is a favorite choice for garden furniture. While there are plenty of other options like rattan, metal and plastic, the wooden furniture is the most striking and is also relatively easy to maintain. This type of garden furniture only needs the occasion treatment to maintain its good looks for the long-term.
A bedroom is the most soothing place of our home. Be it, small or large, it gives you the most comfortable feeling when you are tired. A bedroom is a place which knows our every emotion. Whether we are sad, happy, bored, tired and angry; bedroom knows it all.
So, what makes the bedroom the best place of our house?
The answer would be “bedroom furniture” and “décor”.
There is no perfect idea of an ideal bedroom as everyone has a different style, taste, budget, room size etc, but there can be a perfect idea of bedroom furniture.
So, below the article, I have mentioned the furniture units which can convert your bedroom into a lavish & relaxing one.
Vintage lovers crave for the furniture which connects them with olden-golden era.
Every Furniture says something! So, let me unveil the bedroom furniture units and their significance.
Beds- Sleep, Relax & Repeat!
A bed is a king of the bedroom, and when we think of comfort and relaxation, the first furniture unit which comes in our mind is a bed. From providing a good night sleep to storing our seasonal clothing, beds are the superheroes of our bedroom. While we talk about vintage lovers, poster bed is the best choice.
Wardrobe- Be organized and Fashionista
We are good at creating a mess and to clean that mess wardrobe is the best solution. It can come out as a savior if you are a shopaholic. To give a vintage look to your bedroom, you can opt for a vintage styled wardrobe which has rounded legs and crafted designs over it.
Tip: Usually, the top surface area of wardrobes is plain, but in the vintage wardrobes, top area is curved.
Chest of Drawer- Create a Magnificent Corner
A vintage bedroom is incomplete without a magnificent corner, and you can create it with a chest of drawer. This furniture enhances the charm of a bedroom. This furniture is an artifact as well as a storage unit. It can be used as a perfect decorative piece for your bedroom and can also keep your small stuff.
You can opt mother of pearl chest of drawers and bone Inlay chest of drawers to give your bedroom a classy upgrade.
Dressing Table- Sit, Beautify and Motivate
A dressing table is a lot more than a furniture piece. It can give you, your best reflection. It also cuts out all the hurries you through while getting ready.
To give a vintage flair to your bedroom, you can opt Bohemian- style dressing table, which looks stylish and solves the storage issues.
Mirror Frames: Adore yourself & your walls
Your vintage look won’t be completed if your bedroom walls are empty. Nowadays, mirror frames are not only used to adore yourself but these are used to make a small room look big.
You can go for Boho styled mirror frames to make your room glow.
Add-Ons: Beautify Little More
Furniture units like footrest, stools, ottomans, room divider are various add-ons, which spill the spark in your bedroom. You can place these small units according to your style and need.
In the human body, the spinal cord is very important and taking care of it is the responsibility of every individual. Your mattress and the health of your spinal cord have the direct link, which you need to think of carefully. Thus, it is important to buy a good quality mattress that ensures your comfort and keep your spinal cord straight and healthy.
Your body postures are very important, the way you are sitting, standing, and even sleeping, you must be careful. After spending the tiresome day in the office, your body needs a comfortable and well-organized bed, for the sound sleep. Sound sleep helps the muscles and ligaments of your back to relax and heal themselves. Hence, to protect your back system from damaging, a good mattress plays the vital role. Here are some tips, how comfortable mattress ensures the overall wellness of your spine health.
• Maintain The Body Alignment: Some people after sleeping whole nights encounter the neck and back pain. This can be either due to the bad body posture while sleeping or due to an uncomfortable mattress. However, the spine health is affected by the range of activities that you are doing throughout the day and also during the sleeping condition. A mattress that can provide your body good alignment should be your first choice.
• Relax The Tensed Muscles: Spending the whole day at the workstation in a fixed sitting position engaged with your systems, your backbone will get freezes. You need a restful bed to recover the damage and relax the freeze muscles of your back.
This is medically recorded that 80% of the people are suffering from the back pain as they are aged. There can be various factors, which can become the reasons of it, but uncomfortable sleeping posture hold the first place among them. This is a common problem that doesn’t mean that it is an insignificant one. Back pain can affect you and work in many ways. Don’t let this health disorder be the reason for spoiling your social, official, and personal life.
To ensure that your sleep position is properly supporting your back pain, you must pull yourself back to buy the comfortable mattress. If you are already suffering back problems, you should contact the specialists, who can recommend you the best among the wide variety of mattress that ensure the right posture and good health of yours. So, don’t waste time, buy the right mattress now, to sleep tight without hurting your back.
There are many types of chairs that you can have in your home. Some chairs were made for the dining table, some for relaxation, some for lounging, and others for beauty and aesthetics.
- Arm Chair – most houses have this piece of furniture in their homes. It is elegant, sophisticated and customizable.
- Club Chair – the club chair gets its name from the gentleman’s lounge about two centuries back. All these little places would have chairs like the club chair for the comfort of the sitter. They could be rounded or squared and surround the sitter with the armrests.
- Chesterfield Chair – the Chesterfield looks similar to the wingback but has more cushioning and buttons for beauty. These chairs are traditionally covered in leather but can now be substituted with fabric of your choice.
- Tub Chair – this version has a rounded back that forms around your body when you sit. It doesn’t have a high back though but it is rather comfortable.
- Dining Chair – like the name says, this is used at the dining table. There are many different shapes that can be considered dining chairs. They have to be matched with the table as they are a set.
- Wingback Chairs – wingback or wing chairs have a high back that has “wings” on either side. This was supposed to be a comfort piece that would be used in front of a fireplace but has been adapted to be used anywhere in the home.
- Chaise Lounge Chairs – this is also known as a long chair. The purpose for this furniture item is for lounging and relaxing. Many people have them either in their bedroom as a décor item or in the lounge to complement their lounge suites. Industrial designers made this into a conceptual piece that was for mainly for aesthetics but soon after it became a chair for comfort.
- Egg Chair – this was a popular trend many years ago. It had a modern and funky shape that made every home owner want it. It curved in all sorts of directions and hugged the sitter comfortably.
- Rocking Chair – the rocking of this piece of furniture is what made it popular. It relaxed babies and the older generation with the simple rocking back and forth on the curvature of the legs. There are modern versions to suit your lounge decor.
- Tulip Chair – this option was released around the same time as the egg chair. The seat curves inwards hugging the sitter and it has a single leg that expands outwards. There are also other versions that have four legs.
The whole idea of the different styles is to help bring your lounge suite to life with your own personal touch. Perhaps select your own material for the furniture upholsterer to cover it for you. These chairs can be used almost anywhere in the house and brings some elegance and spunkiness to the home environment.